Qi3 Accelerator supports companies by rapidly commercialising their products; achieving early sales without the expense of full time staff, or the payment of high upfront fees. Qi3 Accelerator is suitable for entrepreneurs who know that they need expert and enthusiastic input from our commercial and engineering teams in addition to financial capital. Support is offered to companies in a mixture of cash (money) and business development / technical expertise (sweat).
Our cash support is as an active Angel investor, working together with Angel Networks and private individuals to participate in seed and early stage / series A funding. Our sweat support is generally offered in return for equity or a convertible loan.
Qi3 Accelerator is a new way of providing interim commercial and technical management; based on Qi3’s highly successful business development methodology. We are seeking companies who need to expand their commercial team, but don’t have sufficient funds to employ expertise full time.
Qi3 has allocated a significant fund to support a limited number of projects, to ensure that ideas are commercialised to their full potential. Recently, we have become a member of UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA) to support the development of a more active early stage investment community.
- Support faster and more effective commercialisation
- Share risk for clients who need industry and commercial expertise without the expense of full time staff or high upfront fees
- We will consider investment in a variety of sectors that fit our interests and skill sets. The following sectors represent our current primary foci:
- Environmental Sustainability and Cleantech
- Security and related technologies (including software)
- High Value Manufacturing and Instrumentation
Stages of Investment
Accelerate to Growth
We support companies with established sales who see the opportunity for a step change in growth rate. This change is effected through strategic positioning, energising the business for growth, delivering additional management and sales / marketing resources and provision of expansion finance if required. Our focus is on helping the business to accelerate its growth in a manageable way to enhance shareholder value.
Accelerate to Market
We work with new technology businesses where we can see the route through product development to first sales and strategic alliances. We are able to provide support for business development, project management and company strategy, acting in an executive or non-executive role. We have extensive contacts within organisations seeking novel technologies. Our focus is on building the value of the business as it reaches the critical stage of first revenue.
Accelerate to Investment
Some businesses approach us at an early stage, before they would be considered suitable for investment by most Angels. In selected cases we will work with companies to prepare them for investment.
- Our industry experts will work to bring your technology to market
- We can act as your commercial interface, allowing you to focus on technology, product development and operations
- We have near unique access to a wide variety of income sources
- Risk sharing motivates us all to succeed
- You retain significant equity in your company
- We aim to accelerate your business over a period of 6-24 months, and leave the company strengthened for its next stage of development
- We aim to exit by supporting the transition to internal staff
- We can provide additional services and introductions, such as IP management
Please contact Nathan Hill for a confidential discussion of your requirements.