Following another year with a projected 35% sales growth, Qi3, the Cambridge-based Technology Commercialisation business is pleased to announce further developments in its business and service offerings.
Robin Higgons and Nigel Day join the board of Qi3, with responsibilities for business development and operations respectively.
Robin joined Qi3 in 2003 with a background in sales, marketing and general management at numerous companies including Pall Filtration, Oxford Instruments and Halma and has recently returned from a placement with one of our clients. Robin works within our High Value Manufacturing, Engineering and Instrumentation team, delivering our VACME! service to mid-sized technology businesses.
Nigel joined Qi3 in 2006 with a background as MD of Smiths Detection (Watford) and works primarily on contracts within our Defence, Aerospace, Security and Space portfolio as well as being Project Manager for Qi3’s work in the government’s Sensors & Instrumentation Knowledge Transfer Network.
In further company news, our Healthcare & Life Sciences Team Leader Mark Littlewood takes a new role of Project Manager for a cluster of Qi3’s Knowledge Exchange services, delivered using our proprietary ‘Intelligent Knowledge Transfer’ methodology. Mark joined Qi3 in 2005 with a background in pharmacogenetics and life sciences instrumentation.
Commenting on the Board and Project Manager appointments, founder and Managing Director Nathan Hill commented “with the growth of the business to a team of seventeen, it’s natural that we should develop the way in which we deliver support to our clients. I welcome Nigel and Robin to the board of Qi3 and Mark’s appointment – I look forward to their contribution in the further development of the business. In the end though, the Qi3 ethos is centred on our commitment to deliver excellence in business development and Knowledge Exchange, so we’ll all continue to ‘stick to the knitting’ and morph the organisation to deliver high value work for our clients”.
Qi3 offers the following services:
- Technology Corporations
- Commercial Performance Enhancement – Q-Jump™
- Technology Opportunity Exploitation – TechMax™
- Technology Enterprises (Start-up / SME)
- Value Added Commercial Management with Enthusiasm! – VACME!
- Technology Market Evaluation – TME
- New Business Creation and Acceleration
- Public Sector
- Intelligent Knowledge Exchange
- Commercialisation Skills Training
- Innovation Strategy
Qi3 sector teams now comprise:
- Defence, Aerospace, Security & Space
- High Value Manufacturing, Engineering and Instrumentation
- IT & Software
- Life Sciences & Healthcare Technology
- Environment, Energy & Sustainability
We deliver our services through three capability teams:
- Senior Team: Experienced Sales & Marketing / Managing Directors from the technology sector
- Executive Team: Product Marketing, Technology Market Evaluation, Sales, Engineering & Technology Analysis
- Marketing Services Team: Market Research, Marketing Communications, Public Relations
We supplement these in-house teams with the support of skilled Associates, who offer particular market and technology domain expertise
For further information about Qi3, please see our web site: www.qi3.co.uk
Contact: Tamsin Henderson
Qi3, St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS
Tel: +44 (0)1223 422404 email: email@example.com