Qi3 is set to repeat last year’s 38% growth performance in 2005 with a series of new contract wins.
Qi3 is the Cambridge-based specialist in technology commercialisation, business development and Knowledge Transfer. Its unique approach is to deliver hands-on commercial expertise through its technology commercialisation professionals, several of whom have had multiple experiences as Sales & Marketing or Managing Directors in technology corporations.
In its corporate sector business, a pipeline of programmes undertaken with Qi3’s TechMaxTM methodology is now enhanced with the introduction of Q-JumpTM, a method for delivering enhanced profitability through innovative management of technology, product and marketing processes. Glyn White, Qi3’s defence and aerospace sector specialist says “Q-Jump is a way of delivering action-oriented support for large companies and their operating divisions in enhancing sales and marketing performance. Qi3 can deliver this uniquely through the team’s practical experience in delivering organic and acquisitive growth to technology-based corporations”.
In the public sector, Qi3 has strengthened its Knowledge Transfer offering, delivering several Innovation Advisory Services to support companies in acquisition of technologies through its unique “Intelligent Knowledge Transfer” processes. Recent contract wins have included multi-year appointments following competitive public procurement exercises:
- As Technology Champions for Research Councils UK (RCUK) Qi3 promotes interdisciplinary research through the £120m RCUK Basic Technology Research Programme
- As PPARC Industry Coordinator, Qi3 promotes industry and interdisciplinary engagement with research groups supported by PPARC in technologies including electronics, IT, optics, engineering, software, sensors
- As the UK CERN Technology Transfer Officer, Qi3 promotes industry and interdisciplinary partnerships with the world’s leading high energy physics laboratory
- Qi3 also delivers the business training, coaching and mentoring for the Research Councils’ nationwide Business Plan Competition
- Several recent Knowledge Transfer, Innovation Strategy and Technology Venture Finance projects for the DTI and other government agencies are helping to reshape government’s engagement with industry through its science and technology investment
Nathan Hill, Qi3’s Managing Director says “it’s a tribute to the team that we have been building Qi3’s corporate and public sector businesses in tandem based on our practical approach to bridging the technology-market divide. Survey after survey highlights the shortage of skills in product marketing and business development for technology businesses – it’s great to be working with a team that can deliver these skills to our clients and win significant business in open competition”.
Qi3 is currently seeking additional specialist staff with experience in the instrumentation, space and research facilities sectors to join its business. Please visit http://www.qi3.co.uk/contacts/join01.asp for details.
Qi3 is a specialist service provider that enables high-tech start-ups, technology corporations, universities and government to unite technology and the marketplace. Our key expertise is in Technology Commercialisation, Business Development and Knowledge Transfer.
Principal activities for the public sector include:
- Delivery of hands-on Knowledge Transfer brokering support
- Training and mentoring in technology commercialisation
- Support for establishment of Technology Seed Funds
- Strategic assignments on aspects of technology, industry, innovation and Knowledge Transfer
This work has included support for funding programmes and pathfinder technology market evaluations
Our principal activities for the private sector are:
- Technology market evaluation for corporate venturing organisations and technology companies
- Hands-on business development support (which typically includes product launch, pioneer sales, licensing of Intellectual Property, establishment of sales distribution channels, product development management, technology strategy)
Nathan Hill, Managing Director
Qi3, St John’s Innovation Centre
Cambridge, CB4 0WS
Tel: 01223 422404