18 July 2012 The Qi3 Accelerator Bootcamp will turbocharge five selected engineering businesses over an intensive two days of ‘tough love’. The Cambridge based Bootcamp is centred on Qi3 Accelerator’s rigorous investment evaluation process and challenging interaction with mentors. Companies will accelerate their business development and strengthen their investment pitches. The Bootcamp has attracted over thirty expert mentors with specific backgrounds in high value manufacturing and advanced engineering.
Bootcamp mentors include:
- Gary Wearing – Operations Director at Oxford Instruments; Gary brings with him a wealth of experience in the feasibility, pre-production proving and transfer into volume manufacture.
- Trevor Cross – Chief Technology Officer at e2v technologies and Chairman of the Electronics, Sensors, Photonic Knowledge Transfer Network. Trevor is a specialist in group technology strategy, key academic partner relationships, and business development.
- Billy Boyle – Co-founder of Owlstone Ltd, Nanotechnology. He is experienced in business development and technology commercialisation. Billy is heavily involved in creation and realisation of new instrumentation technologies, and Intellectual Property.
- Hugh Parnell – Director of NW Brown Group, Board Member of Cambridge Network, Chairman of Envirotech and a non-executive director of several other companies. Hugh now works with early stage growth companies and is building a regional cleantech business support group. .
- Peter Cowley –Board Member of Cambridge Angels, runs the Martlet start-up investment fund of Marshall of Cambridge and non-executive director of numerous technology businesses. Peter has owned and run technology and construction businesses for 30 years and is serial angel investor with exit experience.
- Shamus Husheer – CEO at Cambridge Temperature Concepts, which has developed an advanced fertility monitor. Shamus is a technologist and inventor turned CEO with a a track record in angel fundraising. rapid technology commercialisation and business development.
- Nicky Athanassopoulou – Industrial Fellow at Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge. Nicky spent 12 years in high technology companies prior to joining the IfM and is experienced in technology management, product management and business development .
Qi3 Accelerator acknowledges our headline sponsors Qi3 and IdeaSpace, and sponsors Williams Powell, Harrison Clark Solicitors, Synergy Energy and Wren Capital. NESTA, the Technology Strategy Board and CIR Strategy have provided active support.