Qi3 is uniquely positioned to help universities, Research Councils, and other sponsors to maximise the commercial and economic impact of academic research. Our primary services are:
- Ask the Experts
- Technology Market Evaluation
- Community Building – Thematic Knowledge Exchange Programmes
- Market review of technology portfolios
Qi3 offers several programmes that address specific commercialisation issues:
- Opportunity Mining: Work with academic research groups to identify new seams of Knowledge Exchange opportunity on an institute or cohort basis
- Awareness Raising: Improve culture and awareness, establish pathways to impact
- Specific Partnerships: Broker specific collaborations with companies and organisations. Persuade companies to actively engage in clusters
- Support: Support application preparation to maximise success rates, and identify relevant innovation funding programmes
- Performance Evaluation: Analyse and report on Knowledge Exchange programme performance. Recommend improvements and design new interventions
- Metrics: Identify range of metrics that measure success and progress to objectives
- Monitor: Monitor pipeline other engagement metrics to maintain progress
- Report: Report metrics and progress on quarterly basis
Our experience shows that the commercialisation and Knowledge Exchange needs of individual organisations vary, and we tailor our well-established methodologies to produce the desired outcomes from our base of practical business experience.
Examples of our work can be found in our case studies.