Selex ES is a Finmeccanica company specialised in engineering and development of hi-tech systems, products, solutions and services for the following business areas:
- Defence communications
- Professional communications
- Information & Communication Technology
- Logistics and mobility
- Avionics systems
Having worked with Qi3 in the past, Selex ES engaged Qi3 to evaluate civilian market opportunities for an antenna technology and develop an appropriate market entry strategy with the following objectives:
- Identify civil markets with needs for the specific antenna technology
- Understand market drivers, barriers to adoption, etc
- Map the value chain and supply chain, and identify how to maximise the Selex ES value proposition
- Identify routes to market and determine most appropriate business model
- Identify early adopters and understand their user requirements to influence the next round of product development
- Quantify the commercial opportunity for Selex ES
From the outset, Qi3 engaged directly with end users and industry experts in the identified markets, quickly filtering opportunities with real potential market traction.
We investigated the most interesting markets through further interaction with potential prospects.
This resulted in an immediate request for discussions under NDA from one of the industry leaders in a rapidly expanding market segment.
The second market segment is at a much earlier stage of maturity. Qi3 was able to identify the key technical challenges facing the market and again engage with early market pioneers who were interested in further discussions with Selex ES.